- ENGINEERING DESIGN & MANUFACTURING
- INFRASTRUCTURE ASSET INFO MANAGEMENT
- PLANT & PROCESS
Need to improve your time to market?
Developing a product doesn't need to involve costly, time-consuming physical prototyping. FEA provides rigorous virtual simulation testing.
Finite Element Analysis (FEA) is a simulation technique for evaluating structural performance. FEA has become the default tool for virtual testing and prototyping in almost every engineering discipline.
FEA is the fastest and most cost-effective way to reduce your time-to-market while improving quality and reliability. Multiple prototypes, product recalls, too much material – these are all problems that are addressed by a virtual finite element model.
- Removes wasteful build and test iterations
- Builds knowledge of your products
- Fastest, most cost-effective way of reducing time-to-market
- Improves quality and reliability
- Product designers
- Tool and die operators
Leading-edge technology tools are employed in all finite element analyses. Abaqus is considered the world's leading non-linear finite element solver, with strengths in contact, composite materials, material nonlinear and explicit impact analysis.
With over 70 man-years of analysis experience across multiple industry sectors Matrix technical specialists can assist you to solve your engineering problems. Matrix areas of core competency are:
- Design optimisation - ensuring optimum performance to weight
- Structural integrity - assessment of stresses and displacements
- Vibration - investigating modal and resonance issues
- Fatigue - calculating product life when subjected to cyclic loading
- Failure - investigating and predicting failure in structures
- Thermal - calculating thermal loads in response to convection, conduction and radiation
- Fluid structure interaction
- Plasticity - the response of materials undergoing plastic deformations
- Contact - for modelling interactions between components
- Creep - evaluating the time response of materials (high temperature steels, plastic components...etc)
- Computational Fluid Dynamics - fluid dynamics simulation
- Composite Analysis - simulation of fabric composite structures
- Implicit dynamics - modal analysis, frequency response and time varying loads
- Explicit dynamics - short duration impact type events
- Fitness For Service (FFS) - Level 3 Defect assessments to API579
Contact us for local references.
- Projects – to solve your engineering problems
- Implementation – of world-leading CAE products
- Training - Introductory and advanced training courses on CAE methods
- Benchmark evaluations of CAE methods, applications, and software
- On-site CAE best practices seminars, workshops, and tutorials
- NAFEMS (International Finite Element Methods and Standards Quality)
- CPEng (Chartered Professional Engineers, Engineering NZ)
- ACE New Zealand (Association of Consulting and Engineering)
- ADA (Australia Defence Association)
- ARMA (Association of Rotational Moulders)
- ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers
- CEAS (Consulting Engineers Advancement Soc.)
- HERA (Heavy Engineering Research Assoc.)
- NZDIA (New Zealand Defence Industry Association)
Learn more about our products by clicking the links at the right or contact us directly.