Need to reduce the risk of operational faults?
Innovative thinking combined with sound engineering knowledge give you an edge. The design, implementation and maintenance of assets requires an integration of multi-disciplinary technologies ranging from fluid dynamics to general mechanical design. Systems are becoming increasingly complex, but leading technology tools can help you achieve substantial performance, safety and financial benefits. In the competitive global market, innovative thinking coupled with grounded engineering can give you the edge you require.
With a proven history of successful partnerships with large organizations dealing with infrastructure Matrix is in a unique position to offer value to its clients. Employing leading edge tools our experienced engineers can assist you with your technical challenges.
- Increase operational capacity by equipment and processes.
- Avoid downtime by using virtual simulation for troubleshooting.
- Accurately determine causes of failure and vibration issues.
- Enable optimum decision making for replacement of damaged equipment through fitness for service analysis.
- Ensure compliance with industry regulations.
- Utilize the top experts in New Zealand as required without having to incur employment overheads.
Who Could Benefit?
- Civil / Structural / Mechanical / Process engineers
- Maintenance engineers
- Equipment designers
- Operations managers
- Compliance managers
Matrix has a variety of specialized engineering analysis tools to cover the needs of your organization. Some areas specific to infrastructure are:
- Heat and mass transfer including convection, radiation, combustion
- Fluid flow across and around structural obstacles.
- Process flow optimization
- Simulation of settling and mixing processes
- Filtering and separation
- Stress analysis to ASME Vlll and PD5500
- Failure analysis and investigation
- Troubleshooting existing process inefficiencies
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
CFD has become the industry standard where the engineering of fluids is required. This numerical technique enables you to test, optimize and troubleshoot virtually any fluid flow application. A few of the applications where CFD is used are in the design and verification of wind farms, airflow and wind pressures around buildings, HVAC, power generation, pipe flow, turbines and tidal flow.
Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
FEA allows investigation into newly designed and existing structures to ensure code compliance and verify designs. FEA enables equipment safety to be assessed. This also includes the ability to investigate failure, impact and vibration/resonance issues.
Fitness for Service (FFS)
FSS techniques enable optimum replacement decisions for damaged equipment. This ensures that equipment is replaced at the right time with increased confidence in the safety of your assets.
- Simcenter Star-CCM+ – the worlds most comprehensive set of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) solutions.
- Consulting projects – to solve your engineering challenges
- Implementation – of world-leading CAE products
- Training - Introductory and advanced training courses on CAE methods
- Benchmark evaluations of CAE methods, applications, and software
- On-site CAE best practices seminars, workshops, and tutorials
Matrix used CFD analysis to assist Mighty River Power (Mercury) to evaluate the performance benefits from proposed efficiency improvements for its Southdown power station. Click the link to the right for details.
Many other examples are available. Contact Matrix for more information.
Professional Affiliations include:
- NAFEMS (International Finite Element Methods and Standards Quality)
- CPEng (Chartered Professional Engineers, Engineering NZ)
- ACE New Zealand (Association of Consulting and Engineering)
- ADA (Australia Defence Association)
- ARMA (Association of Rotational Moulders)
- ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers
- CEAS (Consulting Engineers Advancement Soc.)
- HERA (Heavy Engineering Research Assoc.)
- NZDIA (New Zealand Defence Industry Association)